PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do civilan pilots view military pilots
Old 4th Sep 2007, 16:41
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The military don't get housing, they pay rent for it, and at a comparable rate to council rent. Likewise they pay for food, usually to a civilian catering company, and frequently nothing to be jealous of.
The more you fly, the better you get, regardless of who is paying for the fuel. Military aviators crash and die just the same as anybody else, the differance is that it is not always due to pilot error or a technical fault. We do get a ceremony on occasion:

My opinion FWIW is that the more you practice a skill, the better (most people) get at it. Experience cannot be taught, it has to be accumulated and includes many war stories along the way. Therefore any pilot be it civil or military who flies most days will be good at what he does. An individual who flies once every 3 months, well enough said really. But I hope that even these people recognise their own limitations and inexperience, and I have read threads here to that effect.

This is IMHO a silly thread, and if you visit the Mil Forum (as I have visited this one) you can witness at first hand the discontent prevalent throughout military aviation. Are we not all on the same side??