PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do civilan pilots view military pilots
Old 4th Sep 2007, 13:47
Knight Paladin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gasax

We must have read different posts then mate! He pointed out that all pilots are human, and as such are eminently capable of making mistakes and busting busting zones/levels/low flying avoids, and tempered your somewhat prejudiced comments, hardly a display of gross arrogance!

The comment about FJ mates flying GA and vice versa is also true - in order to become a qualified FJ pilot he/she will have at some point been trained to fly a light aeroplane to a very high standard, and certainly been examined to a standard of handling skill and airmanship well above that expected in a PPL skills test. A GA pilot, on the other hand, has not had to prove his ability to operate a fast-jet at 420knots and 250ft to get where he is. And rightly so.

I'm not trying to point-score or wave my willy about, just point out that people who do something as a full time job would generally be expected to be better at it than someone doing it as a hobby. I find watching a professional doing their job is generally a very interesting experience, whether that be a professional aviator, car mechanic, supermarket shelf-stacker, or whatever - it's always interesting to see the product of training and eperience. I wish to take nothing away from GA - as far as I'm concerned the more people enjoying aviation the better. I see no reason to be as confrontational as you seem to be.

Out of interest - which strip do you operate from? Feel free to reply by PM if you want.