PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 13:12
Jcdcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playing dirty? Are you for real?

Of course the company are cancelling promotional courses. Why on earth would they promote people, pay higher salaries, invest in training and career development, when they are faced with industrial action which is set to lose millions of revenue. Even if strike action is avoided, the negative impact on the company and its customers from the mere talk of a strike is enormous. Yet again another example of me, me, me - why are the company doing this to us!!!??? VAA is doing what any business with an iota of sense would do.

And I have to agree with the previous comments about people shouting for strike action - they are whipping up a public feeling of discord, which to a large extent is not there. Yes the crew want more money and better conditions, and I am quite sure that will be negotiated prior to industrial action. Yelling about strike action is immature, unprofessional, and premature. Perhaps those calling for it do not have the capabilites to have rational discussion. I would also question their committment to their colleagues, who in all reality could face redundancies if the industrial action goes ahead.

This is a game to some degree - every company holds its cards close to their chest - of course VAA were not going to give us everythng we wanted straight away. I can however bet they are less likely to have faith in is as crew when all they hear is the ill-informed calling for strike action with little or no concept ot the implications.