Thread: PVRs
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 13:10
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cornish,

Apologies only me being rude

Al,

Sorry but I have gone back and looked and looked again at your posts and you still have me confused

I am full of admiration for those who have simply had enough and made the very brave decision to leave with all the potential uncertainty that that entails, but for myself the introduction of PA Spine and the New Pension scheme mean financially I would be mad to go now as instead of needing a job when I leave I can now look forward to very very happy and prosperous retirement, not long to go

Where I believe I differ from some who appear to be struggling to let go and have posted in here is that I am fully aware that the day I do leave I will be leaving some good friends behind but, and this is the main point I am trying to make the system will not give a toss whether I turn left or right outside the main gate.

I could, if I felt the need to big myself up trot out a whole host of qual's etc that I have attained in what will eventually god willing be almost 39 years of service life but why? I am not daft enough to believe that as I go the system will not find a whole bunch of good people ready and prepared to step up and take over and in fact I would be bitterly disappointed with my own contribution if I felt I had not been party to putting in place the building blocks to keep the military machine on track.

What I most look forward to when I leave is the ability to reflect but let completely go, we will travel and do things we always dreamed of but most importantly and having let go I will bet my pension I will feel the need to rant and rave in here on subjects I will often know very little about as often as Beagle gets "wood"