PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's Happening at Airways NZ??
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 08:09
TinPusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What makes you guys think that Ashley checks this forum? Although if he did no doubt he would get a feel for the real situation rather than relying upon HR's advice that the 10pc loss in experienced staff (due to retirement and people voting with feet) is only a 'blip'. As Ashely is so into honest and open communication I trust that the sentiments you've posted here have been expressed to him formally.
I understand the two main ALPA negotiators have resigned following the non-ratification, so what now guys? Is there enough support to raise the game to the next level ie industrial action? 2 weeks notice of no recalls would be a good start given the currrent staffing levels as the only way you guys will have any effect on things is to have Airways reduce services.
Your skills and experience are sought after around the globe (and not just the ME) but how do you get this message through to management without leaving? As Heywa points out the bidding war is about to begin in the Sands, but what would Airways need to do to keep you there? Is it just money you're after?
Wishing you all the best as I imagine it's frustrating times for all of you as you