PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asian Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 00:22
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please clarify

NC:

Always so accurate however I am not sure I read the following right...

We currently have around 130+ FOs on the seniority list higher than the most junior CN - not sure what category they all are.
You might be trying to say something else but the most junior Captain(s) in the company joined in 2005. They upgraded this year on the 400F, so there are more the 130 FOs senior to them.

[CX has been offering extensions(C+T) or freighters(line CNs) for a while now so that it cannot be accused of age discrimination.
I think this is hard to confirm. They are offering extensions because they need bums in seats and the training system cannot supply Captains fast enough. As you know many of those retiring at 55 are C&Ts. If we could upgrade faster (ie higher pass rate) then the company would not extend more expensive pilots when they could upgrade cheaper ones. They are just hiding behind the age laws at the moment and using it to their advantage.

What is the status with the cabin crew's COS. With reference to the age discrimination court case put forward by the FAU. Did the company change the CC's COS ?

Thanks

Last edited by Five Green; 4th Sep 2007 at 00:27. Reason: missed punctuation !!