PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OBA Crash
Thread: OBA Crash
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 22:03
JasonH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little more info...

Hi,

Thankfully the pilot survived, that is the main thing.

I spoke to Orlando Beach Aviation in the week following the accident, from the perspective of someone researching which school to go with for my PPL. I asked if the accident would have implications for me looking to train later this year.

In short, there wouldn't be any implications. The pilot, was carrying out a touch and go, specifically against instruction. He had already been warned the previous day that he should not attempt a touch and go but chose to disregard this instruction, did it again and lost control.

Horrendous as the accident was, a solo flight is surely just that and no one outside of the plane can do anything if someone chooses to deviate from what they have been briefed to do.

That incident in itself did not put me off going with OFA, I especially was drawn to the fact that they have the new fleet of Liberty aircraft rather than some 25 year old machines that have been knocked around a bit.

I'm set now to start my course in about 3 months. The advice that I would love now, is having just received my study pack for the PPL, is where do I start with the modules? Beging with the one on law and then progress to...?

I'd be grateful for any help.

Regards,

Jason