PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security Fiasco?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 21:15
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who thinks that 'stupid people' or 'idiots' are responsible for the security delays at UK airports is not being realistic. Taking this view would indicate that the majority of people using UK airports are, indeed, idiots, since the UK is the only country in Europe which suffers from chronic security delays.

Avman
Security staff process thousands of customers per shift (far more than bank staff). That will equate to a significantly larger proportion of idiots. They are paid peanuts. If you have an issue with the number of available security channels, take that up with the airport authorities. It's certainly not the security personnel's fault if they're short-staffed. I would just love some of you guys to have a go at doing the job for a month and see just how long you could keep your cool
Regarding your comments about banking staff, maybe that is because their employers provide an adequate level of staffing and an infrastructure to match. Banking is a competative industry, unlike the running of the UK's major airports.

I have no wish to do a security job for a month, I'm sure most of them work extremely hard, just as everyone else does. But the fact of the matter is the security service being provided in UK airports is simply not good enough and offers poor value for money. As with many problems in the UK's major airports the blame lies with BAA's mismanagement.