PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security Fiasco?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 14:07
nunki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool caught in queue for security check

This is my first post whatsoever in this forum, and beeing a once-in-a-while-Pax, I don't have much experience. That's the reason why I will ask a question:
Happened to a Brazilian friend of mine, this morning at AMS. After check-in, he was caught in the queue for security check. He speaks some English, and when he became worried because time passed quickly with no visible advance in the queue, he asked someone of the ground staff if he could advance more quickly. The answer: You will have to wait till it's your turn, because everyone's in the same situation. And if he lost his plane? Don't worry, you will be put on another flight. The unlucky end: My friend lost his flight by three minutes, while his baggage was already under way on the plane bound to BCN. Asking the Transavia-Staff on the chreck-in, what to do? Well, buy another flight! This he did, but does really feel ripped of.
And he is not thick!
Just a little unexpirenced and maybe a litle too well educated, because when other people simply passed the waiting PAX, he stayed in line and waited till it was his turn...
Well, finally my question: Has anyone experienced a thing like that and has he/she tried to do something about it and did he/she succeed and if, what did he/she do?