PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise Lobby -Airline Bashing
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2002, 12:38
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with virtually everything that has been said here. I live near EMA and the noise lobby has become quite hysterical.

On a lighter note they decided to build a new housing estate a few years ago on the approach to Nottingham airfield where I do some light aircraft flying, despite strenuous objections from the airfield operators at the inquiry. It has now become common practice to commence the climbing turn at circa 200 ft to keep the natives happy - "normal" aviation practice? Not long after someone moved into a new house they rang the flying club to complain about the noise. The Chief Instructor asked them whether they were going to sue their solicitor for not advising them that the house was on the approach to an active airfield! We had not further conmplaints from this individual.

Finally here is an excellent website if you want to contact your local MP - you just enter your postcode and it finds your MP and the system will send a fax to him all for free - suggest we all lobby our local MPs appropriately.

<a href="http://www.faxyourmp.com/" target="_blank">Fax Your MP</a>