PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advising a trainee PPL to give up?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2007, 09:04
EladElap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advise at the very least would be for him to take some time off flying.

I washed one of my students after she had 100 hours and hadn't gone solo... I'm sorry it actually boils down to the school being unethical to continue taking money from a student in this case. We actually advised her to tell her father who was funding that we advise against her continuing in this line of work. However told her that if he consented we would continue for another 10 hours maximum to try complete her training.

She left to another school who has absolutly no ethics because she is now over 200 hours and not completed. This a full time student who has been here for a year. She had all the heart in the world to do it, but not the abilitly, physically, or mentally.

It gets to a point where enough is enough, and instead of a school milking that last bit of money, to turn around and say, I think you should look into some other sort of training.

We had another student come to us with 160 hours and not gone solo, accumumlated at three other schools. We sold her only 10 hours, made it clrea that after this if she was no closer, that was it. After the ten hours she wasn't ready, the CFI sat her down and suggested she try something else. We recently got a ltter from her saying she was a hostie now and absolutly loving it!