PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 12:25
cooperlim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Force is most likely to reject you if you hold a CPL. The Air Force (e.g. RSAF) has their military system and a CPL holder is likely to upset their system. Come to think of it, if everybody gets a CPL and join the Air Force, what do you think it will be like in the air-force?

What I suggest is, you should not get CPL now. Go through the Air Force selection process and get a military pilot licence. It is so prestigious! Especially you are a Malaysian! Opportunity only comes once!

Side note one: A SAF sponsored scholar is able to take Law Degree. However, he is not allow to sit for the Bar Test to qualify as a lawyer. Similarly, a Law Degree holder (who is a qualified lawyer) is neither unwelcome to join the army nor be able to commission as military officer.

Side note two: A CPL holder is likely to get screen-off or phase-off in SIA training scheme faster. They are many reasons. One reason is, SIA training staffs have “extra-ordinary” high expectation on you because you are experienced. If you are unable to meet their expectation during training, there will no more a second chance for you.

I doubt you will stop now. Still, I encourage to stop your CPL flight training. My reason -> If you get phase-out during Air-Force training phase, you still can continue your CPL training! Do not waste your valuable chance! Go straight into military training first, getting a CPL can come at a later stage.
thanks for the advice, but currently i am on my last phase of trainning with is the muti-eng, IR, 35 hours to go..., and i have told them about my trainning with mfa, and they allowed me to join them after my trainning, and i understand its a once in the life time chances for me to join airforce, but as lots of people who went in, told me not to join due the the poor management, and the airforce took about 1 year to process my case, and i thou it was no chance thats y i went for my cpl, and they call me up for further test and interview during my trainning .. and till now after 2 years they finally offer me the contract, and the trouble of finding 2 person for the half a million bond contract, anyway now i hope to get in to SQ or any airline if possible, if not i try to get a job as insturctor of something , for me to pursue my BAC in aviation mangement, then try again.
anyway thanks for the advice, how about u ? are u in airforce?