PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2007, 07:52
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiltie,
I have submitted observations to Management about the airspace south of Aberdeen years ago,and the reply was it's under review.Yes you're correct about other airlines,(KLM,BMI,SAS and others) straight lining it in Class G.Scottish civil give them a RIS due to unit instructions.Scot Mil give RAS unless they are too busy with the military.We give them a RAS because we have to vector them.Because Eastern arrive in big bunches,telling them to remain outside controlled airspace would mean they all pile into each other,as well as getting zapped by the military.Eastern is getting my attention because they make almost no effort to fly in CAS,other than when P18 is active.At least the others do.
Well if Nats management or SRG want to plug in and watch the airshow to the south,then they are most welcome.We perform our ATC to all the rules,and give the best service that we can.It's the pilots operating in Class G with the military around,that should be asking themselves the questions.If you looked at the situations that we see in that airspace,and Eastern mainly heading right for it,then you would ask the same questions.I have seen rapid conflictions between turboprops and the military,and the situation can develop in a heartbeat.If the radar controller is working elsewhere on the tube,there can be no time to avoid.This is pop up traffic,sometimes out of low level.Can you Honestly say that this is as safe as it could be.What do Eastern management want? A collision.
As for Eastern wanting to beat everyone.Well this can happen.They often want out of wind runways,until they are told they are number 9 in traffic.They want out of wind runways,against noise abatement.They push a lot for visuals,despite being told vectors for the ILS.Laughable is it.
Ps IT ISN'T ME demanding altitude readouts.I have no problem as it's easy to work it out.That why I give any level stopoffs as an altitude and not a FL just above transition.We aren't all Captain Angry.