PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise Lobby -Airline Bashing
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2001, 06:23
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live under one of the flight paths for LBA. I realise we don't get the really big aircraft - Concorde no longer visits, but I can never understand what the problem is. As has been previously stated the airports have been there a long time and are not tiny little things easily hidden from view when trying to sell ones house to an unsuspecting customer. Now, before anyone tells me that I should try LHR for noise I would just like to say that earlier in the year I took my caravan down to London, specifically the Crystal Palace site. This site is right next to the transmitter and on the flightpath. I watched many aicraft turning over the transmitter low enough for me to be able to see the company logos. I fully expected to be woken by the 0530 flights from Oz and other such places (caravans are not known for their excellent sound insulation) but was not even mildly disturbed. There was far more noise from the local traffic! I feel much of the criticism is unjust and that aircraft are just being used as scapegoats for those who realise they made a bad choice (for them) of housing.