PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2007, 22:00
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their insulting offers mean I am looking for more now.

What you're saying in short "sign-it-too-your-room" is the pay rise without any strings attached (dont forget the not backdating to April). Or rather the pay maintenance to keep in constant - in line with inflation.

I think that every time the company places an insulting offer, it just means that our requirements should get more and more. They could off nipped this in the bud with their last offer with no strings. But now I am thinking we have the unity now to really go for the kill, a killer of a deal - It has taken this long to get here.

But there's a part of me that says, NO !... for messing me about as you have done so far I now want more ! - I am no longer happy with just a pay maintenance (RPI) I want a pay maintenance PLUS a pay increase. so 10% in the first year and RPI for the next 2 years. That's not much its only a circa 5.1% increase (I mean real increase after the cost of living has gone up- RPI circa 4.9).... Or maybe I want hourly duty pay when away ontop of trip pay- like some of the other airlines do to make up for the poor basic and the delays.

Anyone else feel like this ? or is it just me who is now looking for more than I would have initially been content with -

The cabin crew just got stronger !

p.s. other departments all deserve more too - get unionised ! (if such a word exists)