PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prescision Air - Bad airmanship
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2007, 16:27
Attitude17Degrees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LittleMO

I am glad you brought that subject up, Let me give you some insight.

Precision happen to own Tanzanian Skies or Should I say they are THE national flag Carrier without the flag.

Yes they have the worst airmanship you can ever imagine. They even have a tendency of taking over controlling from the controllers.

I will relate to you one incident where the controller played along with the ATR boys and the guys that suffered were the Zanair fokker drivers.

Precision was advised by the Kilimanjaro Approach Controller to report Right downwind for Runway 09 and to be aware of Traffic established on ILS rwy 09 they acknowledged but after asking who the traffic was and why he was there bla bla bla . The Zanair fokker was on instrument Approach behind the Traffic that was currently on ILS. After the first guy landed Zanair was cleared to land, Precision reoprted RIGHT BASE !

The controller advised Precision to remain clear of Approach path and make a 360 to allow for the fokker to land. Precsion Did that, the fokker landed and while he was on landing roll the Controller asked the Fokker pilot to make it short and vacate the runway as precsion by now was already on final approach (He just couldnt wait) when the controller saw that the fokker went past the second exit he started shouting at the fokker to stop and vacate ! The fokker pilot told him he was a jet not a light aircraft to be able to stop and vacate in such a short distance. The controller asked the fokker to park at the loop mid towards 27 which he did and his excellency Precsion landed, but after that the controller deliberately held the fokker at the loop to allow for 2 more planes (caravans ) to land before allowing the fokker to back track and exit.

In Short The Airmanship at precsion sucks and will remain there is no control. As the controllers play along the game with them.

Infact it is coming to a point where people are stepping on each other on frequency to get priority no matter how important the position report is.

Its Pathetic

One more thing, they dont do that when they fly into Jomokenyatta, I am sure the controllers there would kick their Asses