PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowest minimums ever for twin FO job?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 12:00
Flying Bear

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts
Times certainly are changing...

I remember having to have nearly 2000 hrs total before getting my first regular Baron ride!

I guess with an ad like that they possibly acknowledge that hunting for solid junior pilots with the right attitude is perhaps the way forward, rather than be simply concerned with a swag of hours in the logbook. Let's face it - many of the operators advertising on that same website are going to struggle to get people with the experience requirements they demand for some of the types they operate...

The challenge for Vincent will be to make sure that the training and development of the junior pilot in their multi-engine turboprop is thorough - but at least it is quite innovative and there is an opportunity for a possible development path for pilots...

It may lead to some consistency for them and probably beats the hell out of employing someone who has 2500 hrs total time with 500 hrs multi, then funding their turboprop endorsement only to see them sail out the door to a major airline six months later, which probably has been that company's commercial reality during the past couple of years.