PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Herc in heavy landing in 'Stan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 09:30
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank god that the crew are safe, that is of paramount importance.despite the fighting that i have done to to assist nige to ensure the safety of the remaining aircraft, it is for the safety of the crews and troops that we do it. i know all to well the pain of the crew not surviving when i lost bob, and yet the fight goes on.
to echo the comment made by TSM, yes to hell with the ac, but the notion that gordon...indeed anyone will ensure the safety of all ac and/or effective replacement of the ac is a notion too far, sadly. it is something that belongs in cloud cuckoo land which is unbelievably sad. the true cost of losing an ac and the crew has yet to hit home enough to the government and the powers that be so as to ensure a blanket safety to ALL hercules. it may take the loss of another crew before they get to realise the true cost and do something with out those of us left behind to fight.
i did not see the BBC piece, but having spent a year at the hands of the media they are very good at portraying their view and in accurate editing and portrayal of your views leads to confusion and mis repreasentation. all one has to do is see nige's track record and realise what a fantastic job he has done. i will always support nige, so must we all.