PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA allows SH pay for endorsement
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 04:31
Mud Skipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Kremin,

You don't have to vote it in
This vote is in the bag, existing eligible Captains plus those F/O’s already with training slots hold the numbers and all benefit from this travesty. Even if all the F/O were against the deal they could still not win and you could probably expect some to take the fast money as they are too far away from promotion to worry about the long term. One pundit has suggested a 70% YES vote and I would not be surprised if it was even higher.

Does this make it a good deal thou, NO, it simply means those able to cast a vote are satisfied, in politics it’s called Pork Barrelling and it stinks which ever way you take it and the Association should be above that type of behaviour.

topgun0007

absolutely hilarious
Depends on where you sit I suppose. Although not directly affected I’m saddened as this action weakens one of the few (partially) effective pilots unions in Australia. The tone of WK on Qrewroom sums up this up with his laughter striking to the bone.

I fear if IW does have a plan it’s just that, a plan, this vote on the other hand is reality for as you say their ‘new born’ and reflects badly on those willing to support it in the first place.

Keg,

As cunninglinguist says;

Matters not how you dress it up, or what you call it.................IT IS PAYING FOR YOUR TRAINING
The association is moving money out of the
new born
hands to give others the CPI they should be regardless entitled to.

this was the best they could do with the various angles they'd tried
Well I never heard of them trying the angle NJS is on. Only when the aircraft are about to be parked will the company honestly negotiate – up until then were just a pack of S*ft C*cks as a certain CEO called us.

Blueloo,

How about you factor in the CPI in those figures and then see what is happening. For that matter try using a CPI of 5%+ which is what’s truly happening to our demographic.

True it’s an increase for any F/O upgrading but it’s 7.5% less (reducing) for the first three years – apart from the 737 F/O on the negotiating committee who’s Command will still be at the full rate.

Keg,

I’m not against different pay rates for years of service but this is not how it should be bought in.
This plan makes Machiavelli look like a saint.

BTW who remembers what the trade off was when the previous graduated pay rates was removed?