PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for aviance
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 22:48
ILoadMyself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smudgethecat wrote "There no different from any other ramp agency(1) ,they pay peanuts (1), treat the staff with contempt (1), and are chronically short staffed (1), it never ceases to amaze me how they manage to attract the dedicated, hard working staff that make up the majority of their workforce" (2)

I have lurked around here for a couple of years before registering. As an interested member of the SLF on your various airlines, you understand.

(1) In business, these 21st century days, the mill-owner mentality of the late 1800s prevails. Pay the workers as little as you can, for as long as you can get away with it and hope that none of them die during working hours, especially not as the result of an "accident" ("Health and Safety" all over the place!).

(2) In my humble experience, nobody who can be arsed to get out of bed and work for a wage actually turns up to do anything but a good day's work. And certainly not a bad one.

It is the cynical abuse of attitude (2) that keeps the Captains of Industry (coughs) in remunerative employment.

I always fly on LCCs. The people I meet in the cabin, especially the CC, are WYSIWYG human beings. The Flight Deck credentials are taken as a gimme.