PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's Happening at Airways NZ??
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 15:50
DTLP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that anything to do with NZ dies a rapid death on this forum? Does nobody there really care with what is going on??

From the TV3 news website today;

"Air New Zealand has posted a steep increase in its annual profit - up 123 percent on the previous year.

The profit to the end of June was $214 million.

The government, which owns 80 percent of Air New Zealand, is in for a windfall.

The airline company will pay a total $152 million in dividends to the government."

SO what do people think about that? Do you think Air NZ need our $2million we pay them every year as a token 'jesture' (clever I think)? That money can be well spent on ensuring staffing levels are replenished and staff stay with the company, even come back from overseas. But the when UAE get a 20% increase, and Oman is in talks, and likely to follow suit, I'm not convinced.

The government do not need a dividend from Airways this year when Air NZ has paid such an amount. As mentoned before time for Airways to retain earnings to strengthen the company. That means, happy staff, and enough of them. Come on people! I am glad to hear the contract was not ratified. Who is fronting the team with info such as what is posted here, and saying excuse me, wake up Board of Directors.

Is it time to increase airways user charges if the airlines are making so much money? Why are they not paying Airways $2 million this year after such success?

Rip into management, the arguement is too obvious. How can these issues be ignored??