flying in aircraft not exceeding 1600 kg maximum weight and not flying
for the purpose of public transport or aerial work. Aerial work includes
flying instruction for which the pilot is remunerated. It is also aerial work
where valuable consideration is given specifically for flying instruction,
even if the pilot receives no reward.
Pilots are required to ensure that any accountable flying as specified
above, does not infringe days off as required by this scheme."

And from a recent communication on the subject
"The authorisation to conduct flying activities (or other aviation related activities) outside (the airline) is subject to you reporting details of this flying and ensuring that this does not affect your availability or fitness to operate for (the airline). It is the responsibility of all pilots to ensure that we meet the requirements of the (the airline) Approved Flight Time Limitation scheme, as published in Part A General/Basic Section 7.

I would like to draw particular attention to Part A Section 7.2 (B) (iv), which states that accountable flying must not infringe days off required by the FTL scheme. This means that if any accountable flying is conducted on a day off, this day no longer counts as a day off for the purposes of the FTL scheme. Accountable flying is defined as any flying other than private flying on aeroplanes less than 1600kg. This requirement of the FTL Scheme is in excess of the requirements of the ANO and is imposed on most airlines."

So in our scheme I can do as much private flying in my own aircraft as I like.My company are also happy with my instructing in our own flying club aircraft as it is unrenumerated.Expect to see a FODCOM out on this soon as the CAA seem to be focusing on this area a lot with the operators.I believe they are concerned with the number of Training Captains freelancing in sims. not taking adequate rest and days off before operating.

Last edited by Stampe; 27th Aug 2007 at 16:00.