PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth B777 F/O
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 05:18
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TopTup - whilst somewhat bemused at what triggered it all I have to acknowledge a truely excellent, excellent spray!

Just a few points:
- "lowest level of mediocrity" is fine, "start date seniority list all your life and career" nope, sorry you're wrong there, airline and contract and I haven't stuffed up yet (but hey there's always tomorow);
- whilst some of the other airlines may get you to cough up the dough they do provide a guaranteed career path to command and (all things being equal) a position for as long as you want it, neither of which are guaranteed in this deal;
- if the deal relates specifically to RBA and one hopes that what has happened in the past repeats itself then fine, my GENERALISATION regarding contract work was that there are very very few contracts that allow for, or even hint at, upgrading to command, fact and in the contract world (sadly) co-pilot hours are almost useless, fact.

I am disappointed you did not read my posts more closely, suspect you may have read things that were not there but at the very least you may have gotten a better handle on the "elite group" thing which, as I said in my second posting, was a fair amount of "piss take" with a bit of irony, levity etc etc thrown in.
I am truly sorry you did not get that as it seems to have caused a touch () of aggro.

Not everything on Pprune is posted in deadly earnest and thank god for that or else it'd be pretty boring!

Cheers
galdian