PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OBA Crash
Thread: OBA Crash
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2007, 13:24
JABI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit of a weird post CR, I am not sure what you are trying to get across here.

It has NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to do with the school
A student goes to school A, pays school A for training, flies aircraft registered to school A, receives instruction by Instructors employed by school A, and is unfortunate enough to crash a school aircraft at the home airport of school A.

No matter how you look at it, the school has everything to do with it.
NTSB and FAA investigations, insurance claims, media attention, us writing about it on a forum, everything.

As to the exact cause of the crash, that is a different story, that needs to be determined by people (FAA/NTSB) more knowledgeable then you and me.
I assume that is what you were trying to say.

The media cannot be relied on as a source of information regarding the matter
I disagree, because of the media, we now about the event, the location and the status of the pilot involved.
Not all media outlets have aviation experts standing by. As a result the way of reporting is often somewhat overly dramatic; eg " plummeted to earth", "great ball of fire" .
But without them we would not know anything.

OBA run a bloody safe shop
They should like any other professional training organization. That is what you should expect as a student, that is your right as a customer. If you don't see this happening, you pack up and leave.
Unfortunately for a lot of us, as primary students, we don't know any better and assume the way a particular school is run is the industry standard.
The misguided notion that anywhere else the same is going on so why change.

This one, however is in one of OBA's libertys
So why is this different?

a pig to land as a student pilot, but totally 'land-able' no less.
So this is a plane you can only land if you are a "real" pilot? What?
What are you suggesting or implying here? The Liberty XL is not a training aircraft? It should only be flown by real pilots like yourself?

Here's a no-brainer; every airplane is a pig to land by student pilots, that's why they are students. Learning how to land is the hardest part of flight training, regardless of aircraft type.
We all know the joke: ..." I'll teach you how to fly for $50, I'll teach you how to land for $4,950...."
Regardless of aircraft type, statistically most incidents and accidents occur during take-off and landing phases of flight.

this is a ****-happens situation, and one that could have been avoided. No more speculation,
I think you just did. How could it have been avoided? If you are implying some sort of error or blame you have just contradicted your entire post.