PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2007, 10:24
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I very much doubt the fire service will give the first EK a water salute, though there will be the usual celebrations going on in the terminal. It is going to be interesting how the airport will cope with the first departure, particularly on a saturday afternoon when the airport is extremely busy. I suspect the charter check in hall will be dedicated to EK, with all other flights pushed along slightly. Wonder if TOM are happy getting moved off their regular checkin area?

nclairportfan those figures are fairly pleasing, though a few are a bit disappointing. HAJ, BGY and BRU I would of thought would have less of a drop than that.

I suspect that next year, there will be further drops, particularly with the charter destinations. The consolidation in the industry, plus the large drop in capacity by the XL group will have negative effects all round.

Is it true that XL have formally announced they will not return to NCL next year and infact sub out all their work to a third party carrier? I do hope this is not the case or it would feel NCL is going backwards in expansion in this area of the industry. One thing that NCL does not want is to become an airport reliant on loco flights. A mixture is better for the consumer?