PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asian Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2007, 15:16
willnotcomply

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel sorry for imad and other cadets copping a beating on this topic. Its the same old crap among pilots.... "and there I was....", "I flew fast jets and you did'nt....", "military pilots are superior to a GA guy..", "the GA guy does it tough vs military..". You get the gist. We all have such diverse backgrounds at CX (culturally and professionaly), this is a good thing. Everyone takes advantage of opportunity, that is natural. If I were offered a cadetship with a major airline in my youth, damn sure I would have taken it. Cadets are not about to erode the career path of any pilot in CX, present or future. The volume (or lack of it) is of no meaningful consequence. More a case of political posturing on the company behalf. During my time in CX, I have seen some terrific pilots and some more forgetable performances, the majority though sit in between. Average people, average pilots. Cadets and expats sit in all three categories. So lets stop hanging **** on each other. The company love to see us at each others throats. Lets stick together for once. Unite and stick it to management and not each other!