PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay's 2007 interim profit
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 16:40
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applaud the spirit of your argument comrade, allow me to chuck my two roubles into the pool:

But as for the reason we earn more, well i think it's subjective. You will never convince me that flying is for anyone other than who wants to do it. As for landing the big jet/job, mate you just had hours and did a good interview, same as the rest of us.
That last sentence is infallibly true. We all had to fulfill a certain standard to land the job. May I also suggest that it's fair to say that cabin crew don't have to learn about resolution of vectors for converging aircraft scenarios. They certainly have no requirement to identify the uses of a mercator vs. lambert's in order to plot the cart route during any part of their training. I have no doubt that a good percentage of our fellow cabin crew have above and beyond enough noodle to be able to do what we do. Unfortunately the fact remains that, to get where we're at, they have to fulfill those same requirements we did which are decidedly more academic, not to mention far lengthier in process. In my mind I subcribe to your quest for a utopian ideal....equality across the board for all. The only problem is (and this is where Marx and Engels got it really wrong)...we're all human. And we all have an innately biased sense of entitlement. If I had joined the same day as you, same fleet, same pay, and you were doing 24 sectors a month vs. my hypothetical 6, surely you would find that unfair? If not, then I'd say you've just about found your inner buddha.

Cabin crew don't look confused, they just look disinterested when they walk in
Um, pretty sure it's confusion. Most of them look like this: not really this : But you're probably right, I'm not good at facial interpretation anyway.

p.s. Daggers are not my modus operandi, someone told me they're reserved for 3rd floor candidates. At my level...more likely to use a plastic spoon.

Lite