PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asic - The Great Con Job
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2007, 11:38
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to agree with our British Aviations Finest Jockey. Why can't the ASIC's be 5 years and if you did something stupid or dodgy you have to tell them anyway. The other piece of reform I'd like to see would be, no drama with full price for initial issue but renewals should be cheaper and not involve the same convoluted multi agency clearences that have already been done. Nothing like handing in your old one then waiting 8 weeks for the new one to get some perspective, especially when the old one was still valid.

As to other nationals coming into our airports with company issued cards, one must always remember security is not always seen. There are many ways to skin a cat and people might not be completely aware of the things that are done to make us safer. I'd like to think we're smarter than checking cards.

I do remember wandering around the odd middle east aerodrome with a company card and no one blinked an eye. They just pointed the semi's at me and asked what the strange aircraft did.

Last edited by Whiskey Oscar Golf; 23rd Aug 2007 at 11:45. Reason: Grannma