PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberworld Issues
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 10:42
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No there is nothing really preventing us from filing a report but there are other “local” considerations. Personally I fly in there on an irregular basis, but I know others that are there on rotation.

Previously, there was an incident which I shall not go into the details about however the chain of event s followed.

Incident happened,
A qualified passenger filed an internal safety report to the client company in Houston.
Client Safety officer inspects and send a please explain of European Flight ops.
Chief Pilot send please explain to local safety officer & senior base pilot.
Safety Officer seeks please explain from Operating Crew
Operating crew get chewed out, for obeying ATC direction required due to the actions of Iberworld crew.
European Flight ops enquire with Iberworld Flight Ops…… no answer.
European Flight ops enquire with Local ATC.
Local ATC suspend ATCO with no salary pending investigation, threaten to have him locked up, enquire with Iberworld…….no answer.
Word gets back to the Operating crew, who then have to explain their chain of events to the local ATC, who then reinstate that ATCO (6 weeks no salary) ….. still no answer from Iberworld.

So after everyone played musical chairs for 2 months the end result is that the local based operating crew did a good job and got chewed out for it. The Local ATCO did a good job and got very chewed out and no salary for 6 weeks.

Iberworld???…… still no answer.

What happened? Nothing to the offending party.

Some places like this are far removed from the environment in Europe and you guys have to think that their laws are not the same as ours.

So in response I have not filed an “official complaint” as nothing will come of it except grief for the innocent. This is why when I was back on the continent I then spoke to some other captains and the CP.

I will file an internal safety report which will be printed in our internal crash comic and Iberworld will still take money from suckers and give the rest of us a hard time it seems.

Fly safe out there