PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OBA Crash
Thread: OBA Crash
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2007, 08:05
Shamrogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All aircraft bite

Firstly,

With the thoughts of the rest of you - I hope the pilot is ok and gets back into the air soon - please god.

Personally, I beleive that in training we sometimes forget "aircraft bite". Some more spectacurly than others. Recently, I moved to a new type - now unlike the Liberty and it's stall charachteristics are interesting. However, on hour 1, I was taken up, shown the simple side of the stall and the not so simple side. So in reality, in the early stages of your training you simply may not have enough experience to be able to jump 100% to whatever the aircraft or the environment throws at you! Or in later times for that matter. And perhaps that is why we need to keep an eye or our currency.
Finally, I did some training with OBA back in December and I have to say I found them as good as any training organisation I've been with over the years. Like some of the others I will say any technical query with an a/c was sorted there and then and on this point I was really impressed.

Safety will always be an issue and we have always got to be vigilant, flying is fun but it has it's serious side too.

Cheerio
Shamrogue