PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2007, 19:34
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think it could see flybe off the lgw route for good,they are already panicking about there drop in pax numbers on this service as they are introducing the embraer195 earlier than planned to claw back customers!
What a load of rubbish!! Yes Flybe have had some bad press recently following tech issues but they have also reassured their local customers in Jersey by placing a spare 146 there to cover any future technical faults. It'll take more than Easyjet to see Flybe off the LGW route. Gone are the days when Flybe would run scared of the competition!! Bringing in the 195 for the winter only goes to show how serious Flybe are with preserving and developing the LGW service. I think that the islanders will like this.

Aeroskid, as indicated by Jerbourg, Flybe operation ex LGW now consists of IOM, INV, EGC, BHD, GCI and JER. Total weekday operations are up to 40 movements per day. I wouldn't say this was a particularly small operation - they may be smaller aircraft but how many daily movements do the likes of Virgin manage?