PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberworld Issues
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2007, 19:12
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberworld Issues

Toady I was involved in an event involving the above mentioned carrier purely as an observer, in short we were both inbound to the same destination, non radar environment, cavok.

After they were cleared for approach to a particular runway, we slowed and maneuvered to position ourselves appropriately so that when we were call we would have already been downwind for the active.

In the midst of this the controller sent us to the hold anyway, which is located NOT overhead but along the approach part of the other direction. Shortly thereafter Mrs TCAS, starts bleating (nothing hard), during which Iberworld calls downwind…… for the opposite runway. Ie:BELOW US, where they were not meant to be!

Remember this is a non-radar environment, quite often low vis and many non TCAS aircraft in the area.

The controller has a hissy fit and bleats, Iberworld winge a little more and are given a visual approach for a downwind landing (good airmanship fellas…).

Next we get pushed out of the hold for an uneventful approach to the correctly active runway into wind.

Later in the crew room, I discussed this with other skippers to elicit their response, and the response was, oh yeah them again…. WTF

I then called the Chief Pilot who filled me in on more details, apparently there have been multiple ASR’s filed, emails sent to their flight operations and never answered, several other internal safety reports issued regarding their mistakes that have effected others in the same airspace.

So what’s the story, is their airmanship and experience level that low?
Is this another potential hole in the ground?
Anyone else have or notice issues with this group…… or are we alone?