PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 320/737 25-year-old commander and 19-year-old first officer
Old 21st Aug 2007, 09:42
tupelov154

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age....?

It has nothing to do with age. I don't want to generalise as I do know a 2 good pilots from the subcontinent. But I wouldn't be happy with a 55 and a 45 year old indian crew. I trained about 20 of them pre 1991, 'Top gun boomers' Rich parents, thought it would be better than being a doctor or a chemist. But nearly all without exception could not grasp the fundamentals of flight. Meacham field was full of em. and they all werre 2 and 3 time exam takers, 300 hours plus, eventually given tickets on the condition that they never fly in the US.

They can't ride bicycles in a straight line, and don't know how they work, so should not be allowed anywhere near a jet. Their whole peer system also makes the co-pilot nothing more than a radio operator, unable to question the captain. Add the incompetence of the traffic controlers, a nation that is conditioned to following instructions and not thinking out of the box, and you will have for me an amusing string of accidents that I will relish reading about in years to come.

Life is cheap in India. 1000 people died last week because they are living on a flood plain. Whats a few hundred a year in aviation accidents matter? Good for aviation sales though. Go Airbus!