PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 320/737 25-year-old commander and 19-year-old first officer
Old 21st Aug 2007, 09:38
DHC6to8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The younger the better...

or so it goes! I think that the attitude in with some people is that: "I put in my 12 years as Co, and so do you".... atleast that was how it was for me.... I heard that all the time after I got started as a copilot....I just kept my mouth shut, worked hard and stayed out of trouble.... I was made Captain at 1600 Hrs total time and 24 years old... I had just received my ATPL and flew 100 sectors after that under supervision.... some of the blokes I was friends with earlier made many comments referring to "how long they had to wait" blah, blah ... blah... several of my friends who recently just entered aviation are now Captains after three years on small to medium jets.... and good for them. If somebody gets the chance to become a Captain earlier, and they properly qualify... then good for them. It seems that there is a 'wave' of sorts.. that comes every 25 years or so... and if you catch the wave... ride it for as long as you can.... and forget about the ancient thinking of the others....
6to8