PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rishworth B777 F/O
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 23:56
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is A LOT of comotion at RBA at present. Just go to the SE Asia forum. Not all is as it seems, and definately not all the fault of Rishworth, but a lot due RBA management. I have "heard" of pilots told to get ready for the 767 position at RBA recently but management at RBA have have played Rishworth around with whom they have taken. One blames the other, and so on..... Who knows, who cares. Just deal with the result.

I understand, and if anyome knows better then please correct me, that an RBA SFO on Rishworth contract takes home about $1400 AUS a week salary. Housing paid for. Also approx $400-$450 a week allowances when away. Off contract SFO getting $2k per week + same allowances, and more housing allowance $$. Bear in mind no tax in "The Abode of Peace".

If you're flying for $$ then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Sure it needs to be a big concideration, but look long term.

Find me any job without pilots complaining about management and the roster, the salary, etc or management doing the same in reverse. Like I said, just know what you're getting yourself in for, what your aim is and plans are long term.