PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - abusing pilots must stop
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 22:10
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I couldn't resist the irony but found this at the bottom of the last post.

Commercial Pilot Training
CAPT Airline Pilot School, Florida! 14-Months to an Airline Pilot Job
CAPTprogram.com

I kind of agree with all of you to a certain extent. Yes, it's cost a fortune and theres no guarentee of any job after "qualifying" . However, most of whinning and pain is well, to put it bluntly, self-inflicted.

It as taken me 6 years to get my fATPL, I have worked my proverbials off, had two jobs for all of the 6 years, and no social, no summer holidays (unless) flying or training. Heres some of my second jobs I 've had:

- shelf-stacking, factory work, security, leaflet dropping and I've done medical experiments (not bad money £3600 for a months work tax free!!!)

So I'm pretty fed up of reading about new pilots feeling robbed because they where stupid enough to borrow £60,000 to £100,000 and go to a big school and not get a job.

We are suppose to be intelligent people, but has the adage says "if it's too good to be true it probably is"

As for "standing up" to the airlines, hell will freeze over before that happens. I'm in both the "unions" and each say they don't agree with SSTR but guess what? pick up any of there mags and count the adverts from organisations who, you guessed it!, SSTR!!

The so-called representatives of "US" don't even have the balls to say no to an advert!!!

We have no chance.

I wish everybody the best of British luck and hope it all works out.

Orvil