View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 19:21
Roffa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lon More,

Not much help to anyone Roffa, unless you're already a member
If you're eligible feel free to join

Vavavoom,
So all UK ATC staff get travel discounts? what kind of discounts are they? I mean will they be jump seats, or just fares similar to the zed fares...
Flights can range from admin/tax only or ID90 standbys to say ID50 or more confirmed. There are a large number of airlines offering concessions and all are different. Pre 911 we used to have jump seat deals with some airlines, I went to the States and back with Continental on the jump seat for example once, but with the increased security following 911 they all went out of the window.

There's also access to many of the Interline companies that offer discounted deals to travel industry and airline staff and also deals with car hire companies and the like. From very small beginnings UKATTS has grown in to quite a sophisticated and comprehensive service and for that the folk that run it on our behalf are to be thanked many times over.

If you're in the air traffic sector, even if not in the UK, drop the secretary a note and I'm sure she'll give you further info as she can.