PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - abusing pilots must stop
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2007, 13:31
shaun ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice

I agree with the previous posts completely. It is sad to see the number of wannabees posting on here with aspirations that are just so wildly out of proportion. I am sometimes shocked to read of the people, established in a well paid professional job. Who are willing to sacrifice their secuirity and embark on a quest in search of nothing but a pipe dream. Alot of the time these people are not exactly wet behind the ears and have young families to support. I cant see the sense? Once in your thirties for example, you will want the nice car and the lovely home. I could not imagine anything worse than the thought of a life debt hanging over my head at such an age. Yes being a pilot is great, you get some lovely views alright. But as so many find out, paying a debt for the rest of your life is crap. Some are lucky I suppose because they have completed their quest and landed that job in the flight deck. The novelty soon wears off I say. My advice to some would be to keep the PPL and enjoy your comfortable life. Re mortgaging houses etc in a crazy gamble to win the right seat in an airliner these days just cant be right??
Remember, you work to live. Not the other way around.

Last edited by shaun ryder; 20th Aug 2007 at 16:52. Reason: spelling