PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asic - The Great Con Job
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 17:33
emu787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASIC...the great con and ripoff

QUOTE ACMS:"I would imagine that CASA do a thorough check of all airlines flying into Australia. And they conduct random RAMP CHECKS......."

well old mate exactly you said.... "I would imagine that CASA do a thorough check..." you have chosen a very good selection of words.....do you really think CASA closely monitor the crew security background checking of every airline carrying the 20 million plus passengers IN/OUT of Australia. Do you really think that. You might want to believe that but mate its not a reality.

CASA cant even get their act together to process their own ASIC renewals...they just don't have the budget or staff....mate you live in a bloody fantasy land.

ACMS, under the aviation Chicago Convention of 1948 each and every contracting State just looks after its own backyard and they DO NOT go snooping around all the in-bound airlines paperwork etc....that would take a staff of a 1000 and anyhow they would be just shown bullsh..t paperwork and would upset many foreign Airlines management....who do you think CASA are....some GOD LIKE creature with powers to transgress international boundaries.

These are the people mate that were closely monitoring the safety standards and of course the ID cards integrity of GARUDA while they carried hundreds of thousands of OZ passengers in apparent total flight safety !!!! I suggest you put your hand back on the proper stick.

You mention Thai...its all in the Thai language for christ sake !!!

As for my company issued photo ID card....it is not an ICAO card with the little lines in the background but IS accepted wherever I go....all over the world mate....maybe at your CX induction course the security people just wanted to make you feel all warm and cosy.

Lets get back to the original thread....IF WE ARE LICENCED TO OPERATE AEROPLANES AND CHOOSE THE CREW WE WANT AND CARRY PASSENGERS WHEREVER THEN WE SHOULD BE BLOODY WELL APPROVED TO DO OUR OWN ASSESSMENT OF THE SUITABILITY OF OUR OWN STAFF....NOT FIVE LOOSELY CONTROLLED AND UNLINKED GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS ripping us off for $190 every second year.

CASA, I believe have a lawful DUTY to monitor pilots as they progress through the years, they can do this quietly behind the scenes with State and Federal police forces...its their job as the regulator.... but for us to sit down and fill out crap pages of information every two years, get stuffed around like you would not believe and then get ripped off for $190 for a 50 cent card is down right disgraceful and need parliament intervention NOW.

So ACMS I suppose you don't have to worry really as I am sure CX pay for all your cards anyhow....$190 buys school books and shoes mate !!!