PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2007, 02:13
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Candypants you said earlier.

"At this time we all need to continue to stick together....The storm is coming.."
What are you proposing sticking together to mean ? What are we going to do in the storm ?

"I believe we are all adult enough to sit down together and put down on paper a proposal for the union to work with."
We've done that twice in survey's they have put out.

"This is a process of negotiation"
Yes it is and two years down the track we still don't have a new agreement.

"We all have jobs, we are all being paid as per the standing EBA, we are all receiving a yearly bonus, hence there is no reason whatsoever to jump straight into the deep end!"
The bonus is recognition for the success of the Qantas Group and is a completely separate thing. As for our standing EBA, our last pay rise was 3 years ago...... hardly the deep end in my opinion.

If everyone is happy to keep on keeping on with no changes then so be it, but given all the whinging that goes on, I do think we want changes. What we're prepared to do about getting the changes is where things get messy. It seems you want keep doing what we have been unsuccessfully doing for the last two years, where I'm open minded to our other options. We are not the only two at EAA with differing opinions on this as I'm sure you already know.

"Thanks for the comments Mr R. Guy (J.T)"
I'm not JT but your welcome to my comments anyway..... that's what pprune is for, posting comments.