PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2007, 10:02
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the other advice you have been telling him is "stay positive", "mental positive thinking", "good attititude" etc. Well, yeah, brilliant. Sounds great in a corporate environment. Straight out of the mouth of David Brent.

But does being positive get you a job at BA? you could have 100% passes in every exam, be the best pilot. But if you fail those psycometric exams, or you can't use a piece of string, a piece of wood, and a paperclip to get over from A to B (team building excersises at airline selection in case you had no idea what i was on about) , then you are not going to get hired.
What I say is that positive thinking won't enable you to do everything but it will enable you to do everything better than negative thinking will!

Positive thinking means seeing things as they are but never worse than they are. Negative thinking is saying "I have this situation but there is nothing I can do about it"

It can be challenging to keep on going when you get lots of rejection but it's not what happens to you but how you handle what happens to you. I speak as one who is very experienced in aviation who tooks 3 years to get back into the industry (and went to work on the railway system as a signaller believe it or not) after a break due to a family bereavement. Strange to say it but I now long back on all this as a big learning experience and I now value what I have more than ever!

Recently I went to see Michael Losier talk on the "Law of Attraction". If you do a Google search you are bound to find him. The arguement is that if you are "underperforming" in any area of your life this is because of what you are focussing on and therefore attracting what you dont want.

Good luck to everyone who is looking for that first job in aviation!