PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 13:22
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At last! I thought I was going slightly mad there for a second.

Anyone would sthink we were asking for shares in the company, a nice Audi TT company car etc etc.

I don't remember all this fuss when our pilots got so close to striking. All they wanted was a salary that was in line with other airlines and everyone whole heartedly agreed with them (I still do) and shouted 'Here Here' from their loud hailers across the globe. I dont remember a single comment of "bugger off to another airline if you dont like it" either, so why the blatant lack of disrespect for our crew?

I know that crew are seen as being far more dispensible to airlines and easier to replace, but in reality that is a total myth. Us oldies at VS are needed. You can be the most fantastic Senior/Junior crew member but no amount of smiles and conversation will give you the wealth of experience that time brings.

As for the service going down hill, then yes that needs to be addressed. I shall certainly take note on my next flight about the comment of crew disappearing when the service was barely over to go on break. I have released crew early before, but now shall think twice about it.

We seem to be getting lots of support from our pilots and other airlines (namely BA) but very little from our own workforce. We're not at war and the general census is that no-one wants to strike.