PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2007, 09:47
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WILL PEOPLE STOP SAYING THAT WE ARE COMPARING JOBS AND SALARIES! WE ARE NOT!

Right now that I have that off my chest, I feel I must make it clearer why the 'comparison' was made.
The Office staff (most, not all) are earning money which reflects not only the job that they do, but also the cost of living today.
If office staff can be paid a fair salary, then why cant our cabin crew? £900 pm is not realistic for a young junior living in the south.

So you say if you dont like it leave! Great! Fantastic! 94% of VS cabin crew make a mass exodus for the job centre. Who takes the flight that day? The pilots? The Engineers? The Office Staff? The Ground staff? NO-ONE! Because no-one has our training or knowledge to just take a flight.

We are in a strong position and not being greedy or unreasonable. The 4.8% would have been fine if the other 'enhancements' were not shoved in. No-one is looking for 10% or other crazy rumours.

And yes I agree, moaning cabin crew are a pain in ass, but not unique to the airline. Snappy engineers, Silent checking in staff, busy club-house staff etc etc. They ALL do it.

Why other staff are making this a them and us situation I have no idea why.