PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 15th Aug 2007, 16:51
rsuggitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Try as we might to not rise to the Security bait, sooner or later some new humiliation will be sprung upon someone who will argue. Assuming the arrest/breathalyser/DNA-taking/charges dropped is over quickly, the pilot will end up at the controls in a stressed state. No doubt rsruggit and friends will deny all responsibility for any ensuing disaster."

Please look back over my posts and you'll see that I have more than once said that if you feel the security setup is not working, you should be able to fix it. I've not said that you have to stick with it forever.

"Just remember Trident G-ARPI. Stress before flight caused the Captain to have a heart attack, after aggravating a previously unknown heart condition. 116 died."

Well that stress didnt come from a rude an impolite security screening, it came from an argument in the crew room (according to the official report). But of course, this is something that we'd all want to avoid. I dont know how many people died in 9/11, but I'm sure we'd all want to avoid anyhting like that occuring again also. Does anyone disagree.

In fact, let's try to cool this down by establishing some common ground. So let me ask a direct question of everyone. Is there anyone who does not support the idea of attempting to avoid terrorist incidents ?