PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 15th Aug 2007, 14:53
TACHO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There is information stored on the card"

Is this checked electronically by the security personnel?
Well yes actually it is, if you had ever used a staff airside pass you would know that.

What has that to do with my discussing the principle that flight crew should submit to security checks
well in order to discuss something effectively it would help if you had experience of what you were talking about. I submit to the security checks on a daily basis. Chip on shoulder on your behalf I think.

Not the desire to comply with and strengthen security, but suffering a blow to the ego
No ego's involved here at all, read above, I do submit myself to security checks on a daily basis. I do appreciate that security is required and is neccessary. As I said previously the lack of consistency is what irks most aircrew, especially when they are subject to additional checks that the PAX are not subject to. how does making me take my shoes off, bollocking me for having a calculator in my jacket pocket, and then making me bare the soles of my feet "strengthen security"? if everyone had to do it then fine. oh and taking my sandwiches which my missus lovingly prepared for me the previous evening. Thank god that disaster was avoided.

But as you have already stated and by the content of your posts, you really do have little to judge my comments on.

tacho