PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 15th Aug 2007, 09:57
rsuggitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The point is that no-one is suggesting weakening the procedures. We are suggesting that the security procedures are not strong, are wrong."

So fix them !

I fully appreciate that point of view.

But in case you've not noticed, my comments have been trying to support the idea that flight crew should not be frustrated at or try to stretch the rules of the security that is in place at the moment.

"You are suggesting that people will imitate pilots to get airside"

No, I point out that this is *one way* in which I can envisage a potential attack.

" but as I pointed out they can do less damage, realistically, than they could in Tesco, but since they are surounded by security-minded professionals, rather than dazed shoppers, and they are expected to behave in a very specific way, they are far more likely to be caught. What do you think it is like airside?"

Well I hope you're right. But let me point out yet again, there have been in the past many attacks on airports and aircraft, and none that I know of on Tescos.

"Do you think that there are crowds of random people walking round the aprons and taxiways alone?"

Next time you are airside, take a look at the other people working near you. How many are there and how many do you know personally ?

Last edited by rsuggitt; 15th Aug 2007 at 14:45.