PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C.O.S 08 - You're kidding me
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 05:17
BScaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CoS 08

Once again, my thanks to the GC, who evidently saw the very plain writing on the wall.

Here is my ten cents worth regarding a wholesale renegotiation of this thing.

Let's not even go down the road of voting to bring in lesser conditions for our future colleagues under the auspices of a so-called DEFO agreement. That one just can't be allowed to get through, no matter what sweeteners they offer existing aircrew. We have current provisions for DEFOs in our present contract - let's stick with them. If the Company cannot hire guys on their DEFO freighter deal, then offer the DEFO passenger deal to all new joiner DEFOs, as per the arrangements that were in place prior to the creation of ASL/Cathay Freighters.

Pay really needs to be looked at in isolation, as many members have suggested. A 'self-funded payrise' is not an option. A payrise should reflect the seven years since the last one was had by anybody, and the attendant productivity we have already given them in the intervening period. An element of back-dating should be included to reflect this. In this context, negotiating for a payrise commencing sometime in the future is not acceptable.

RA65 needs to be repackaged to take into account the valid concerns of junior officers in event of an industry slowdown.

I hope that the GC and the AOA President are heartened by the evident unity that the aircrew community has shown in response to the 'best deal' that the Company were prepared to come up with so far. This will strengthen their negotiating hand.

And it should be of no surprise to the Company to discover the depth of feeling held by the majority of aircrew over what they have proposed. I therefore hope the Company illustrates its sincerity in whatever further proposal is forthcoming.

The views expressed here, and in other forums, are in the main reasonable, and simply reflect the position of a pendulum that has swung too far in the Company's favour.

Now is the time for the Company to present a fair deal for aircrew.