PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COS 08 - new info just in
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2007, 01:24
Giggleswick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMOC

No I haven't put this forward to the GC yet as I figure they get regular feedback from this site already. I would however like to see them canvas the membership for their opinions before entering the next 'round' of negotiations . I believe the 'cloak of secrecy' surrounding this fiasco has backfired upon us. It has excluded the membership from the process and created an uneasy feeling of complicity between the two sides. I for one felt like we were about to be 'sold out' even before the shocking details emerged! This is NOT how it should be. The GC should first and foremost put OUR interests ahead of a desire to maintain a cosy, collegiate relationship with the company. The GMA's hitman, STENgun, and his ilk are employed to cultivate this 'for the greater good' atmosphere and then exploit it ruthlessly. These guys are as cunning as jailhouse rats! If you don't believe me consider this glimpse into the future:

Transcription of conversation between the President of the AOA and NR sometime towards the end of 2009!

President: "...thanks Nick, now with the end of our two year pay deal rapidly approaching don't you think we should set aside some time to gather around the table and 'thrash' out another?

NR: "....doesn't time fly while one's 'hedging' one's bonus Mr President. Sorry, you're right of course, we are approaching THAT time again but there are some ISSUES which we need to address first"

President: "..But these are simply pay talks Nick, I thought we dealt with all the ISSUES back in 2007."

NR: " ..you're right of course we certainly resolved SOME back then but I'd really like to RE-VISIT Housing, Education and ROSTERING PRACTICES. I think there are some major concessions which you could offer us which would smooooooth the way forward towards scheduling talks"

President: ".. thanks Nick, I'll talk with the GC then canvas the membership to find out what they are willing to accept"

NR: "..don't waste your time Mr President, just tell me what you can bring to the table this time around"

President: "...umm, well let me see Nick, back in 2007 we GAVE you RA65, we GAVE you the FACA and we GAVE you our DEFO agreement in return for a 10% payrise over eight years ('01-'09). We don't have anything left to give except our kidneys of course!"

NR: "..I figured that Mr President, let me talk with CAD Medical and see if we can get a dispensation for these. Be in touch."

Sound credible?!

Same Seat, Same Salary, No Compromise!