PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do You Look After Crew Travelling As Pax
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 19:21
Psr777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we need to look after each other personally.
Difficulty is what each individual crew member "expects" when they travel. Some of my best customers have been cabin crew on holiday but some of my worst have been cabin crew on holiday.
I have operated both charter and schedule flights and I always have done my utmost to make sure the crew on holiday/positioning have a great flight.
If not in uniform, a couple of free drinks charter, when scheduled if I could discreetly upgrade (before doors close!) then I have if appropriate.. By appropriate I mean that if paying customers are not aware/inconvenienced and the crew member is not being an a******e! about it.
I do recall one incident when the no smoking policy on board came in to effect. I had upgraded 2 staff pax, seemed pleasant enough, until one of them was caught smoking in the forward toilet - his response was that "we all do it what is the problem!", you can imagine how pleased I was.
I am more than happy just to get on board, whatever else happens is a bonus and is never expected, but I admit is fantastically received when and if it happens!!
Just think we need to respect each other really, regular customers behave like prima donnas and we form an opinion.... When one of our own does it, we generally have a similar opinion....
So, I am of to SYD on Friday, 17th Aug on BA.... Anyone I can talk to? Just kidding!!
Safe flying all