PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2007, 09:35
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read this forum with intrigue and interest. Yes Vito sounded very pessimistic. And of course, you have all given advice (sending C.V's isnt enough, go to the airline yourself, hand a cv in person, look at other opportunities etc) but he has mentioned that he has done this anyway.

So the other advice you have been telling him is "stay positive", "mental positive thinking", "good attititude" etc. Well, yeah, brilliant. Sounds great in a corporate environment. Straight out of the mouth of David Brent.

But does being positive get you a job at BA? you could have 100% passes in every exam, be the best pilot. But if you fail those psycometric exams, or you can't use a piece of string, a piece of wood, and a paperclip to get over from A to B (team building excersises at airline selection in case you had no idea what i was on about) , then you are not going to get hired.

I mean it is a tough world. Ad I think you guys are being a little too hard on Vito.

The only advice that I think is 100% accurate is when you have said "you should have done research and known the industry before you commited even a penny to your flight training. No job is guranteed".

I feel sorry for this guy. let him have his moan. he spent all that money and he aint as lucky as you lot. Am I'm sure he isn't the only one. How many thousands of ATPL piltos have passed through Oxford, CTC, Bond etc and are not even in the LHS of a 737 for Ryan air?